hive-user mailing list archives

From Chandeep Singh ...@chandeep.com>
Subject Re: how to create an array from two columns?
Date Sun, 13 Mar 2016 01:10:53 GMT
If you only want the array while you’re querying table1 your example should work. If you
want to add AB to the table you’ll probably need to create a new table by selecting everything
you need from table1.

hive> select * from table1 limit 1;
OK
temp1	temp2	temp3

hive> select f1, array(f2, f3) AS AB from table1 limit 1;
OK
temp1	[“temp2”,"temp3"]