hive-user mailing list archives

From Ashok Kumar <ashok34...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Hive and Impala
Date Tue, 01 Mar 2016 21:38:52 GMT

Dr Mitch,
My two cents here.
I don't have direct experience of Impala but in my humble opinion I share your views that
Hive provides the best metastore of all Big Data systems. Looking around almost every product
in one form and shape use Hive code somewhere. My colleagues inform me that Hive is one of
the most stable Big Data products.
With the capabilities of Spark on Hive and Hive on Spark or Tez plus of course MR, there is
really little need for many other products in the same space. It is good to keep things simple.
Warmest