hive-user mailing list archives

From "Sanka, Himabindu" <himabindu_sa...@optum.com>
Subject Issue joining 21 HUGE Hive tables
Date Thu, 24 Mar 2016 01:49:55 GMT
Hi Team,

I need some inputs from you. I have a requirement for my project where I have to join 21 hive
external tables.

Out of which 6 tables are HUGE  having 500 million records of data. Other 15 tables are smaller
ones around 100 to 1000 records each.

When I am doing inner joins/ left outer joins its taking hours to run the query.

Please let me know some optimization techniques or any other eco system components that performs
better than HIVE.

Regards,
Hima