hive-user mailing list archives

From Alan Gates <alanfga...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hive-2.0.1 Release date
Date Tue, 01 Mar 2016 00:38:06 GMT
HPLSQL released with Hive in 2.0, but it hasn’t been integrated as in there isn’t a single
parser that handles HPLSQL and Hive SQL.  The work to integrate it is significant, and a new
feature, so it definitely won’t be done in a bug fix release but in a feature bearing release
(that is 2.x, not 2.0.x).  AFAIK no one is working on this at the moment.

Alan.

> On Feb 29, 2016, at 16:08, Mich Talebzadeh <mich.talebzadeh@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks. I believe Alan Gate mentioned that HPLSQL is not yet integrated into Hive 2.0.May
be later?

> Dr Mich Talebzadeh

> http://talebzadehmich.wordpress.com
>

> On 1 March 2016 at 00:05, Sergey Shelukhin <sergey@hortonworks.com> wrote:
> HPLSQL is available as part of Hive 2.0. I am not sure to which extent the integration
goes as I wasn’t involved in that work.
> As far as I understand HPLSQL and Hive on Spark are kind of orthogonal…
>
> Hive 2.0.1 is purely a bug fix release for Hive 2.0; Hive 2.1 will be the next feature
release if some major feature is missing.

> From: Mich Talebzadeh <mich.talebzadeh@gmail.com>
> Date: Monday, February 29, 2016 at 15:53
> To: "user@hive.apache.org" <user@hive.apache.org>
> Subject: Re: Hive-2.0.1 Release date
>
> Hi Sergey,
>
> Will HPLSQL be part of 2.0.1.release?
>
> I am using 2.0 and found Hive on Spark to be much more stable.
>
> Thanks
>
> Dr Mich Talebzadeh

> http://talebzadehmich.wordpress.com
>

> On 29 February 2016 at 23:46, Sergey Shelukhin <sergey@hortonworks.com> wrote:
> Hi. It will be released when some critical mass of bugfixes is accumulated. We already
found some issues that would be nice to fix, so it may be some time in March. Is there a particular
fix that interests you?