hive-user mailing list archives

From Amey Barve <ameybarv...@gmail.com>
Subject predicate push down with custom StorageHandler
Date Fri, 26 Feb 2016 10:25:04 GMT
Hi All,

I have implemented HiveStoragePredicateHandler for my StorageHandler.

I am able to push down predicates for following query and this works fine.
Example: select o_custkey,c_custkey from customer,orders where c_mktsegment
= 'BUILDING';
(*column-ref = c_mktsegment comparison-op = op constant-value = 'BUILDING'*)

I get no results when I execute following query
Example: select o_custkey,c_custkey from customer,orders where
 c_mktsegment = 'BUILDING' and c_custkey = o_custkey limit 10;
in this case (*column-ref = c_mktsegment comparison-op = op constant-value
= 'BUILDING'*) is evaluated by my storageHandler.
While (*column-ref = c_custkey comparison-op = op constant-value =
o_custkey*) is evaluated by hive.

Does such kind of query work with non native tables with predicate push
down or am I missing anything?
Does any custom StorageHandler like HBaseStorageHandler,
AccumuloStorageHandler, CassandraStorageHandler etc. support such kind of
predicate push down.

Thanks and Regards,
Amey