hive-user mailing list archives

From Pooja Chawda <trainee1...@gmail.com>
Subject Beeline select query
Date Thu, 25 Feb 2016 09:47:41 GMT
Hi All,

I am trying to switch to Beeline from hive, but I have one issue.

*Hive : *

Query : select * from table;

Output : The output is in readable format i.e we can scroll down to see
complete data on my screen(terminal).

*Beeline : *

Query : select * from table;

Output : The output is not in readable format i.e we cannot scroll down to
see complete data. All columns are mixed up.

*Work Around : *
I tried setting *--maxWidth=100 *it worked for one table with 10 columns.
But still the output is not properly readable. I have to change the value
of maxWidth for different tables as different tables have different number
of columns.

So, is there any way to set some default value so that the data becomes
understandable using beeline?