hive-user mailing list archives

From Archana Patel <archa...@vavni.com>
Subject RE: Apache hive Thrift PHP
Date Fri, 05 Feb 2016 12:48:11 GMT
Hey thanks for response.. Actually i don't find any package name with this "thriftif". So would
do elloborate it and give me a direction so that i could accomplish this task.

From: Gopal Vijayaraghavan [gopal@hortonworks.com] on behalf of Gopal Vijayaraghavan [gopalv@apache.org]
Sent: Friday, February 05, 2016 3:25 PM
To: user@hive.apache.org
Subject: Re: Apache hive Thrift PHP

>I have configured hadoop2.7 and apache hive 1.2.1. I want to connect
>Apache  hive to php using thrift.

That's likely to have a lot of pain due to the way different PHP SAPIs
handle timeouts.

The only place where the thrift API might work correctly is the CLI mode.

>/usr/local/hive/lib/php/packages/hive_service/ThriftHive.php on line 2. I
>tried to figure it out by correcting it but i get more errors after
>correcting this. Any help for this would be appreciated.

A better idea would be to run "mvn package thriftif" to regenerate those
files with thrift-0.9.3.

<?php

namespace ;

looks very very broken to me.