hive-user mailing list archives

From "Chagarlamudi, Prasanth" <>
Subject Adding custom jars for hive and map-reduce jobs dynamically from hdfs location
Date Mon, 01 Feb 2016 17:46:18 GMT
We currently have custom  jars(util, serde etc) that needs to deployed into /hive/lib folder
and mapreduce folders whenever they are updated/modified and needs a restart whenever changed.

I am currently trying to see if I can place these jars on a hdfs location and read them dynamically.
Is there a better way of doing this if it's doable? Also would appreciate if you can suggest
me good articles that can help me achieve this..

Thanks in advance
Prasanth C

This e-mail and files transmitted with it are confidential, and are intended solely for the
use of the individual or entity to whom this e-mail is addressed. If you are not the intended
recipient, or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication
is strictly prohibited. If you are not one of the named recipient(s) or otherwise have reason
to believe that you received this message in error, please immediately notify sender by e-mail,
and destroy the original message. Thank You.

View raw message