hive-user mailing list archives

From Frank Luo <j...@merkleinc.com>
Subject how to set a job name for hive queries
Date Tue, 19 Jan 2016 16:05:32 GMT
We are in a multi-tenant environment wanting to add a client’s name into each job name hence
they can be informed/involved when job fails. We can easily do that with M/R jobs, but I haven’t
figure out a way to do so for hive job.

I googled and found the answer below, but I couldn’t get it to work. Also, I assume it is
only possible with M/R engine and not possible for TEZ, is it right?

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19036371/how-do-i-control-a-hive-job-name-but-keep-the-stage-info

Thanks in advance
[”MerkleONE”]<http://www2.merkleinc.com/janfooter>

This email and any attachments transmitted with it are intended for use by the intended recipient(s)
only. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and then
delete it. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not keep, use, disclose, copy or
distribute this email without the author’s prior permission. We take precautions to minimize
the risk of transmitting software viruses, but we advise you to perform your own virus checks
on any attachment to this message. We cannot accept liability for any loss or damage caused
by software viruses. The information contained in this communication may be confidential and
may be subject to the attorney-client privilege.