hive-user mailing list archives

From "Mich Talebzadeh" <m...@peridale.co.uk>
Subject RE: last_modified_time and transient_lastDdlTime - what is transient_lastDdlTime for.
Date Wed, 06 Jan 2016 22:48:15 GMT

When table is created it is the time stamp when the table was created. When any DDL is done
it is the last DDL time  it looks

0: jdbc:hive2://rhes564:10010/default> create table test (col1 int, col2 string);

No rows affected (0.168 seconds)

0: jdbc:hive2://rhes564:10010/default> show create table test;

+-------------------------------------------------------------------+--+

|                          createtab_stmt                           |

+-------------------------------------------------------------------+--+

| CREATE TABLE `test`(                                              |

|   `col1` int,                                                     |

|   `col2` string)                                                  |

| ROW FORMAT SERDE                                                  |

|   'org.apache.hadoop.hive.serde2.lazy.LazySimpleSerDe'            |

| STORED AS INPUTFORMAT                                             |

|   'org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TextInputFormat'                      |

| OUTPUTFORMAT                                                      |

|   'org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.io.HiveIgnoreKeyTextOutputFormat'    |

| LOCATION                                                          |

|   'hdfs://rhes564:9000/user/hive/warehouse/oraclehadoop.db/test'  |

| TBLPROPERTIES (                                                   |

|   'transient_lastDdlTime'='1452120468')                           |

+-------------------------------------------------------------------+--+

13 rows selected (0.06 seconds)

0: jdbc:hive2://rhes564:10010/default> insert into test values(1,'a');

INFO  : Table oraclehadoop.test stats: [numFiles=1, numRows=1, totalSize=4, rawDataSize=3]

No rows affected (1.517 seconds)

[...]

|   'COLUMN_STATS_ACCURATE'='true',                                 |

|   'numFiles'='1',                                                 |

|   'numRows'='1',                                                  |

|   'rawDataSize'='3',                                              |

|   'totalSize'='4',                                                |

|   'transient_lastDdlTime'='1452120510')                           |

+-------------------------------------------------------------------+--+

0: jdbc:hive2://rhes564:10010/default> select cast(from_unixtime(1452120468) AS timestamp);

+------------------------+--+

|          _c0           |

+------------------------+--+

| 2016-01-06 22:47:48.0  |

+------------------------+--+

0: jdbc:hive2://rhes564:10010/default> select cast(from_unixtime(1452120510) AS timestamp);

+------------------------+--+

|          _c0           |

+------------------------+--+

| 2016-01-06 22:48:30.0  |

+------------------------+--+

Dr Mich Talebzadeh

LinkedIn   <https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=AAEAAAAWh2gBxianrbJd6zP6AcPCCdOABUrV8Pw>

Sybase ASE 15 Gold Medal Award 2008

A Winning Strategy: Running the most Critical Financial Data on ASE 15

 <http://login.sybase.com/files/Product_Overviews/ASE-Winning-Strategy-091908.pdf> http://login.sybase.com/files/Product_Overviews/ASE-Winning-Strategy-091908.pdf

Author of the books "A Practitioner’s Guide to Upgrading to Sybase ASE 15", ISBN 978-0-9563693-0-7.

co-author "Sybase Transact SQL Guidelines Best Practices", ISBN 978-0-9759693-0-4

Publications due shortly:

Complex Event Processing in Heterogeneous Environments, ISBN: 978-0-9563693-3-8

Oracle and Sybase, Concepts and Contrasts, ISBN: 978-0-9563693-1-4, volume one out shortly

 <http://talebzadehmich.wordpress.com/> http://talebzadehmich.wordpress.com

NOTE: The information in this email is proprietary and confidential. This message is for the
designated recipient only, if you are not the intended recipient, you should destroy it immediately.
Any information in this message shall not be understood as given or endorsed by Peridale Technology
Ltd, its subsidiaries or their employees, unless expressly so stated. It is the responsibility
of the recipient to ensure that this email is virus free, therefore neither Peridale Ltd,
its subsidiaries nor their employees accept any responsibility.