hive-user mailing list archives

From Xiaoyong Zhu <xiaoy...@microsoft.com>
Subject complex join keys cannot be recognized in Hive 0.13
Date Thu, 17 Dec 2015 02:32:19 GMT
Hi Experts

I am using Hive 0.13 and find a potential bug. Attached "implicit join.hql" has several join
keys (for example store_sales.ss_addr_sk = customer_address.ca_address_sk) and cannot be regonized
by Hive. In such cases hive won't be able to optimize and can only do a cross join first which
makes the job runs really long. If I change the log to explicit join keys, then it works well.

For the below simple query hive can regcogonize the join keys, and I think Hive should be
able to handle the complex situations such as my example, right?
SELECT *
FROM table1 t1, table2 t2, table3 t3
WHERE t1.id = t2.id AND t2.id = t3.id AND t1.zipcode = '02535';

I have opened HIVE-12700<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-12700> for this
issue...

Xiaoyong