hive-user mailing list archives

From Divya Gehlot <>
Subject Pros and cons -Saving spark data in hive
Date Wed, 16 Dec 2015 02:04:33 GMT
I am new bee to Spark and  I am exploring option and pros and cons which
one will work best in spark and hive context.My  dataset  inputs are CSV
files, using spark to process the my data and saving it in hive using

1) Process the CSV file using spark-csv package and create temptable and
store the data in hive using hive context.
2) Process the file as normal text file in sqlcontext  ,register its as
temptable in sqlcontext and store it as ORC file and read that ORC file in
hive context and store it in hive.

Is there any other best options apart from mentioned above.
Would really appreciate the inputs.
Thanks in advance.

View raw message