hive-user mailing list archives

From Devopam Mittra <devo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hive Support for Unicode languages
Date Thu, 10 Dec 2015 02:49:03 GMT
Presuming you are using some utility like Cygwin/Putty etc. to access Hive
CLI , you would need to configure the settings of this application for
supporting extended charset display.

Easy/Quick option to verify the support will be by using some data browser
application (e.g. Talend ) to sample data from an existing table where you
have unicode sample records.

Hope I understood your requirement right...

regards
Dev

--
Devopam Mittra