hive-user mailing list archives

From Xuefu Zhang <xzh...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Hive on spark table caching
Date Wed, 02 Dec 2015 23:49:39 GMT
Depending on the query, Hive on Spark does implicitly cache datasets (not
necessarily the input tables) for performance benefits. Such queries
include multi-insert, self-join, self-union, etc. However, no caching
happens across queries at this time, which may be improved in the future.

Thanks,
Xuefu