hive-user mailing list archives

From mahender bigdata <Mahender.BigD...@outlook.com>
Subject Connection between TempletonJob and Worker Nodes remains in FIN_WAIT_2 state for long time
Date Sat, 12 Dec 2015 00:09:57 GMT
Hi,
We have submitted too many jobs to webhcat (templeton) reason is our HQL
has multiple hive statements,each hive statement is submitted as a job
causing too many job, after some times all the submitted job are in
pending state. later after waiting for 2 hrs, all the pending jobs got
completed. But we were not able to submit  jobs to WEBHCAT, When we
remote head node and run netstat -a, I see too many ports open
(incremental manner ) to templeton port. All the Connections are in
FIN_WAIT_2, where client is not sending 'FIN' token to server. Is there
a way to set time out for server to close this connection after some hr
or mins. So that we dont have too many connection or ports opened and
get into hang state.

Another Question, can we run all the hive statements in HQL file in
single shot rather than each individual hive statement has hive job.

Thanks in advance.