hive-user mailing list archives

From "regestrer@gmail.com" <regest...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Does Hive 0.14.0. support registering permanent function during hive thrift server is running
Date Fri, 04 Dec 2015 09:19:57 GMT
I've actually had this issue, the way I solved it, I am not sure if
that's the correct way, I"ve added my function definitions to .bashrc
file in $hive_home/bin.
That file is called once before every hive session is created so you
have to create the functions as temporary functions, creating them as
permanent once will fail.

Regards,
Peter