hive-user mailing list archives

From Todd <>
Subject Re:Does Hive 0.14.0. support registering permanent function during hive thrift server is running
Date Fri, 04 Dec 2015 01:58:48 GMT

Could someone help answer my question? Thanks.

At 2015-12-03 19:12:29, "Todd" <> wrote:

I am using Hive 0.14.0, and have hive thrift server running.During its running, I would use
“create function” to add a permanent function,
Does hive support this **without restarting** the hive thrift server,that is, after creating
the function, I will be able to use the function when I connect the hive server with jdbc?

View raw message