hive-user mailing list archives

From Jason Dere <jd...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Metastore and SerDe jars
Date Wed, 09 Dec 2015 21:49:23 GMT
I think this is still an outstanding issue. Couple of (still open) Jiras relating to solutions
for this:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-9252?

________________________________
From: Andy Srine <andy.srine@gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, December 09, 2015 1:33 AM
To: user@hive.apache.org
Subject: Metastore and SerDe jars

Team,

I know I can do a "ADD JAR" on the Hive CLI to use SerDe and UDF jars. If I am using the metastore
thrift API, is there a way to add/register SerDe jars via the API? Basically, whats the metastore
API equivalent of CLI's "ADD JAR "? I tried setting the hive.aux.jars.path property in the
hive-site.xml to a HDFS path with the SerDe jars and restarted the metastore.. But it doesn't
seem to work.

Thanks,
Andy