hive-user mailing list archives

From "Mich Talebzadeh" <m...@peridale.co.uk>
Subject RE: FW: Getting error when trying to start master node after building spark 1.3
Date Fri, 04 Dec 2015 17:34:50 GMT
Appreciated the response. Just to clarify the build will be spark 1.3 and the pre-build download
will be 1.3. this is the version I am attempting to make it work.

Thanks

Mich

From: Xuefu Zhang [mailto:xzhang@cloudera.com]
Sent: 04 December 2015 17:03
To: user@hive.apache.org
Subject: Re: FW: Getting error when trying to start master node after building spark 1.3

My last attempt:

1. Make sure the spark-assembly.jar from your own build doesn't contain hive classes, using
"jar -tf spark-assembly.jar | grep hive" command. Copy it to Hive's /lib directory. After
this, you can forget everything about this build.

2. Download prebuilt tarball from Spark download site and deploy it. Forget about Hive for
a moment. Make sure the cluster comes up and functions.

3. Unset environment variable SPARK_HOME before you start Hive. Start Hive, and run "set spark.home=/path/to/spark/dir"
command. Then run other commands as you did previously when trying hive on spark.

On Fri, Dec 4, 2015 at 3:05 AM, Mich Talebzadeh <mich@peridale.co.uk <mailto:mich@peridale.co.uk>
> wrote:

I sent this one to Spark user group but no response

Hi,

I am trying to make Hive work with Spark.

I have been told that I need to use Spark 1.3 and build it from source code WITHOUT HIVE libraries.

I have built it as follows:

./make-distribution.sh --name "hadoop2-without-hive" --tgz "-Pyarn,hadoop-provided,hadoop-2.4,parquet-provided"

Now the issue I have that I cannot start master node which I think I need it to make it work
with Hive on Spark!

When I try

hduser@rhes564::/usr/lib/spark-1.3.0-bin-hadoop2-without-hive/sbin <mailto:hduser@rhes564::/usr/lib/spark-1.3.0-bin-hadoop2-without-hive/sbin>
> ./start-master.sh

starting org.apache.spark.deploy.master.Master, logging to /usr/lib/spark-1.3.0-bin-hadoop2-without-hive/sbin/../logs/spark-hduser-org.apache.spark.deploy.master.Master-1-rhes564.out

failed to launch org.apache.spark.deploy.master.Master:

        ... 6 more

full log in /usr/lib/spark-1.3.0-bin-hadoop2-without-hive/sbin/../logs/spark-hduser-org.apache.spark.deploy.master.Master-1-rhes564.out

I get

Spark Command: /usr/java/latest/bin/java -cp :/usr/lib/spark-1.3.0-bin-hadoop2-without-hive/sbin/../conf:/usr/lib/spark-1.3.0-bin-hadoop2-without-hive/lib/spark-assembly-1.3.0-hadoop2.4.0.jar:/home/hduser/hadoop-2.6.0/etc/hadoop
-XX:MaxPermSize=128m -Dspark.akka.logLifecycleEvents=true -Xms512m -Xmx512m org.apache.spark.deploy.master.Master
--ip 50.140.197.217 --port 7077 --webui-port 8080

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/slf4j/Logger

        at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredMethods(Class.java:2521)

        at java.lang.Class.getMethod0(Class.java:2764)

        at java.lang.Class.getMethod(Class.java:1653)

        at sun.launcher.LauncherHelper.getMainMethod(LauncherHelper.java:494)

        at sun.launcher.LauncherHelper.checkAndLoadMain(LauncherHelper.java:486)

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.slf4j.Logger

        at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:308)

        ... 6 more

Any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mich

NOTE: The information in this email is proprietary and confidential. This message is for the
designated recipient only, if you are not the intended recipient, you should destroy it immediately.
Any information in this message shall not be understood as given or endorsed by Peridale Technology
Ltd, its subsidiaries or their employees, unless expressly so stated. It is the responsibility
of the recipient to ensure that this email is virus free, therefore neither Peridale Ltd,
its subsidiaries nor their employees accept any responsibility.