hive-user mailing list archives

From Jörn Franke <>
Subject Re: Hive Insert taking a lot of time
Date Mon, 02 Nov 2015 13:22:59 GMT
What is the create table statement? You may want to insert everything into the orc table (sorted
on x and/or y) and then apply the where statement  in your queries on the orc table.

> On 02 Nov 2015, at 13:36, Kashif Hussain <> wrote:
> Hi,
> I am trying to insert data into orc table from a text table.The query is as follows :
> insert into table test_orc(x,y) select * from test where x=4 and y=5 ;
> The MR is taking a lot of time and all but one reducer got completed quickly.But the
last reducer is taking a lot of time.
> The total data size is 2.9 TB. I am not able to understand why only one reducer is taking
so much of time ? Is it because whole map output went to a single reducer ?
> Regards,
> Kashif

View raw message