hive-user mailing list archives

From Arpan Rajani <arpan.raj...@whishworks.com>
Subject Re: Unable to connect to beeline after kerberos is installed
Date Tue, 24 Nov 2015 08:24:18 GMT
Hi Jay,

I faced this and fixed yesterday.
There are two things.

1)Before connecting to Hive server do you have a valid TGT?
Do $ kinit user@Realm.com and get a valid TGT

2) in the jdbc connect string use the hive principle
Use  "!connect

Please make sure it is the hive’s principal, not the user's.

Restart the affected services. And it should work.

Regards,
Arpan

--
The contents of this e-mail are confidential and for the exclusive use of
the intended recipient. If you receive this e-mail in error please delete