hive-user mailing list archives

From "Bora, Venu" <venu.b...@epsilon.com>
Subject How to unset/reset hive.hbase.snapshot.name in hive
Date Wed, 07 Oct 2015 21:40:07 GMT
Hi,

We created a HBASE_SNAPSHOT in hbase for a hbase table and are using HBASE_SNAPSHOT name in
hive  to execute a hive query  against hive external hbase table .

Hive> SET hive.hbase.snapshot.name=<<HBASE_SNAPSHOT_NAME>>;
Hive> select * from hive_external_hbase_table_1;

After this query if we want to execute queries on another hive external hbase table without
the snapshot, what we observed is hive is using the hbase snapshot name that was set earlier
while executing the query for another external hbase table.

We are not able to unset/reset hive.hbase.snapshot.name. Is there any way to unset/reset the
snaphost name that we used.

We are using Hive 1.1.0 and Hbase version 1.0.0

Thanks
Venu Bora

This e-mail and files transmitted with it are confidential, and are intended solely for the
use of the individual or entity to whom this e-mail is addressed. If you are not the intended
recipient, or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication
is strictly prohibited. If you are not one of the named recipient(s) or otherwise have reason
to believe that you received this message in error, please immediately notify sender by e-mail,
and destroy the original message. Thank You.