hive-user mailing list archives

From "Jianfeng (Jeff) Zhang" <jzh...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Getting dot files for DAGs
Date Thu, 01 Oct 2015 01:10:18 GMT
Hi James,

It is under the working directory of the yarn container (should be the first container which
is AM)

Best Regard,
Jeff Zhang

From: James Pirz <james.pirz@gmail.com<mailto:james.pirz@gmail.com>>
Date: Thursday, October 1, 2015 at 8:29 AM
To: "user@tez.apache.org<mailto:user@tez.apache.org>" <user@tez.apache.org<mailto:user@tez.apache.org>>
Cc: "user@hive.apache.org<mailto:user@hive.apache.org>" <user@hive.apache.org<mailto:user@hive.apache.org>>
Subject: Getting dot files for DAGs

I am using Tez 0.7.0 on Hadopp 2.6 to run Hive queries.
I am interested in checking DAGs for my queries visually, and I realized that I can do that
by graphviz once I can get "dot" files of my DAGs. My issue is I can not find those files,
they are not in the log directory of Yarn or Hadoop or under /tmp .

Any hint as where I can find those files would be great. Do I need to add any settings to
my tez-site.xml in-order to enable generating them ?

Thanks.