hive-user mailing list archives

From Jerrick Hoang <jerrickho...@gmail.com>
Subject Hiveserver2 client stdout
Date Tue, 20 Oct 2015 01:03:30 GMT
Hi all,

I have a hiveserver2 client running on a remote server. I'm able to connect
to it via beeline CLI and everything works fine but when I try to query via
a JDBC client, the stdout is not there. For example, if the server side
throws an exception, beeline can show the exception but all the JDBC client
can do is giving me ` Error while processing statement: FAILED: Execution
Error, return code 2 from org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.mr.MapRedTask`
which is not very helpful. Is there a way to capture all stdout stderr
using a JDBC? I figure if beeline is able to do it then I should be able to
write a jdbc client to do it too,

THanks,