hive-user mailing list archives

From <>
Subject Double quotes in csv data
Date Wed, 21 Oct 2015 15:27:11 GMT

I have some CSV data which is encompassing each field in double quotes e.g. “hello”, “”,
“test”, “aaaa”.

I noticed that there is a CSV Serde now available in Hive 0.14. Is it possible to use this
to strip the quotes when querying an external Hive table?

e.g. select * from table limit 5 should return:

hello                 test       aaaa

This e-mail (including any attachments) is private and confidential, may contain proprietary
or privileged information and is intended for the named recipient(s) only. Unintended recipients
are strictly prohibited from taking action on the basis of information in this e-mail and
must contact the sender immediately, delete this e-mail (and all attachments) and destroy
any hard copies. Nomura will not accept responsibility or liability for the accuracy or completeness
of, or the presence of any virus or disabling code in, this e-mail. If verification is sought
please request a hard copy. Any reference to the terms of executed transactions should be
treated as preliminary only and subject to formal written confirmation by Nomura. Nomura reserves
the right to retain, monitor and intercept e-mail communications through its networks (subject
to and in accordance with applicable laws). No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost
by Nomura by any mistransmission of this e-mail. Any reference to "Nomura" is a reference
to any entity in the Nomura Holdings, Inc. group. Please read our Electronic Communications
Legal Notice which forms part of this e-mail:

View raw message