hive-user mailing list archives

From Timothy Garza <timothy.ga...@collinsongroup.com>
Subject RE: Hive 1.2.1 installation troubleshooting - No known driver to handle "jdbc://hive2://<ip address>:10000"
Date Thu, 08 Oct 2015 14:13:31 GMT
I should mention that all mentioned .jar files are located in the directories specified with
the following privs:     -rw-r--r--  1 hadoop hadoop

I’ve installed Hive 1.2.1 on Amazon Linux AMI release 2015.03, master-node of Hadoop cluster.

I can successfully access the Beeline client but when I try to connect to Hive-Server2…
beeline

Ø  !connect jdbc://hive2:// <ip address>:10000 org.apache.hive.jdbc.HiveDriver

I get the following error:
No known driver to handle "jdbc://hive2://<ip address>:10000"

…so instead I try to add the local hive-jdbc driver supplied in the Apache tarball:

Ø  beeline

Ø  !addlocaldriverjar /home/hadoop/hive/lib/hive-jdbc-1.2.1.jar

Error:
The jar file in the path /home/hadoop/hive/lib/hive-jdbc-1.2.1.jar can't be found!

…so I tried the same thing with an older version of the hive-jdbc driver:

Ø  beeline

Ø  !addlocaldriverjar !addlocaldriverjar home/hadoop/hive/lib/hive-jdbc-0.13.1-amzn-3.jar

Same error:
The jar file in the path home/hadoop/hive/lib/hive-jdbc-0.13.1-amzn-3.jar can't be found!

…so I tried bypassing this step as a beeline switch instead:

Ø  beeline -u jdbc://hive2://localhost:10000 -d org.apache.hive.jdbc.HiveDriver

Output:
Connecting to jdbc://hive2://localhost:10000
java.lang.NullPointerException

I can find nothing related to previous troubleshooting regarding Hive installation on either
Google nor Apache archives.

Can anyone shed any light on why I might be having such undocumented problems out of the box
or advice on further research forums I can’t read through?  Many thanks in advance!

The Collinson Group Limited; Registered number: 2577557, Registered in England & Wales;
Registered Office: Cutlers Exchange, 123 Houndsditch, London, EC3A 7BU.

This e-mail may contain privileged and confidential information and/or copyright material
and is intended for the use of the addressee only. If you receive this e-mail by mistake please
advise the sender immediately by using the reply facility in your e-mail software and delete
this e-mail from your computer system. You may not deliver, copy or disclose its contents
to anyone else. Any unauthorised use may be unlawful. Any views expressed in this e-mail are
those of the individual sender and may not necessarily reflect the views of The Collinson
Group Ltd and/or its subsidiaries or any other associated company (collectively “Collinson
Group”).

As communications via the Internet are not secure Collinson Group cannot accept any liability
if this e-mail is accessed by third parties during the course of transmission or is modified
or amended in any way following despatch. Collinson Group cannot guarantee that any attachment
to this email does not contain a virus, therefore it is strongly recommended that you carry
out your own virus check before opening any attachment, as we cannot accept liability for
any damage sustained as a result of software virus infection. Senders of messages shall be
taken to consent to the monitoring and recording of e-mails addressed to members of the Company.