hive-user mailing list archives

From Hitesh Shah <hit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Getting dot files for DAGs
Date Thu, 01 Oct 2015 18:21:21 GMT
I don’t believe the binary should need changing at all unless you need enhancements from
recent commits. It should just be setting up the UI and configuring Tez for using YARN Timeline.

The instructions that you can follow:
  http://tez.apache.org/tez-ui.html
  http://tez.apache.org/tez_yarn_timeline.html

thanks
— Hitesh

On Oct 1, 2015, at 11:07 AM, James Pirz <james.pirz@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for suggesting, I never used Tez UI before, and learned about it yesterday.
> I am trying to find out how I can enable/use it. Apparently it needs some changes in
the binary that I am using (I had built the binary for tez 0.7 almost 2 months ago).

> On Wed, Sep 30, 2015 at 10:27 PM, Jörn Franke <jornfranke@gmail.com> wrote:
> Why not use tez ui?
>
> Le jeu. 1 oct. 2015 à 2:29, James Pirz <james.pirz@gmail.com> a écrit :
> I am using Tez 0.7.0 on Hadopp 2.6 to run Hive queries.
> I am interested in checking DAGs for my queries visually, and I realized that I can do
that by graphviz once I can get "dot" files of my DAGs. My issue is I can not find those files,
they are not in the log directory of Yarn or Hadoop or under /tmp .

> Any hint as where I can find those files would be great. Do I need to add any settings
to my tez-site.xml in-order to enable generating them ?