hive-user mailing list archives

From "Vikas Srivastava" <hadooph...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: HiveServer2 load data inpath fails
Date Tue, 20 Oct 2015 16:54:59 GMT
You Need to use “load data local inpath”

From: Vineet Mishra [mailto:clearmidoubt@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 20, 2015 6:08 PM
To: user@hive.apache.org; cdh-user@cloudera.or to
Subject: HiveServer2 load data inpath fails

Hi All,

I am trying to run load data inpath to update/refresh my table data in hive. I am using HiveServer2
to make jdbc connection and run the following command

load data inpath 'path_to_file_on_hdfs' overwrite into table tablename;

Eventually this query works fine with HiveServer1 through thrift connection but fails through
jdbc connection on HS2, stack trace mentioned below.

java.sql.SQLException: Error while processing statement: FAILED: Execution Error, return code
1 from org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.MoveTask

at org.apache.hive.jdbc.HiveStatement.execute(HiveStatement.java:277)

at com.sd.dwh.sc.tungsten.misc.CommonFunction.executeQuery(CommonFunction.java:813)

at com.sd.dwh.sc.tungsten.misc.CommonFunction.dataLoadFromFile(CommonFunction.java:836)

at com.sd.dwh.sc.tungsten.custom.JDBCMaterialize.merge(JDBCMaterialize.java:105)

at com.sd.dwh.sc.tungsten.custom.JDBCMaterialize.run(JDBCMaterialize.java:54)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

URGENT CALL.

Thanks!