hive-user mailing list archives

From "Rachna Jotwani Bakhru" <>
Subject Hcatalog api - kerberos and knox
Date Fri, 16 Oct 2015 01:24:44 GMT
I have a java application which reads hive metadata using hcatalog apis. If I need to read
metadata from a hive database on a cluster with Kerberos and knox, would the following configuration
HiveConf hcatConf = new HiveConf();
hcatConf.setVar(HiveConf.ConfVars.METASTOREURIS, “thrift://server:9083”);
hcatConf.setVar(HiveConf.ConfVars.METASTORE_KERBEROS_KEYTAB_FILE, “hive.keytab”);
hcatConf.setVar(HiveConf.ConfVars.METASTORE_USE_THRIFT_SASL, “true”);

HCatClient  hcatClient = HCatClient.create(new Configuration(hcatConf));
I will be running the Java program from a remote windows machine.

View raw message