hive-user mailing list archives

From venkata srinivasarao kolla <kollaven...@gmail.com>
Subject Limiting with index creation on hive empty tables with tez execution engine
Date Fri, 04 Sep 2015 05:12:37 GMT
Hi Team,

In our environment we have set hive execution to Tez and tried to
create/rebuild index on empty tables. Then we found that index
creation is not happening. we are getting the below error:
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.tez.TezTask.

It seems to be a limitation with index creation on empty table. When
we populate some data into the table and if we are try generate the
index then we are not getting into this problem.

Is there an existing HIVE issue for this?

Regards,
kolla venkata srinivasa Rao