hive-user mailing list archives

From Dmitry Tolpeko <dmtolp...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Organising Hive Scripts
Date Fri, 11 Sep 2015 19:34:55 GMT
Charles,

Not sure what you can do in Hive CLI right now, but consider a new Hive
HPL/SQL component that will be included to new Hive versions and that
currently you can compile and run separately, see
https://github.com/apache/hive/tree/master/hplsql or www.hplsql.org

It supports include files, user defined procedures and functions, exception
based exception handling, flow of control statements and so on. It is new,
under active development so any feedback is welcome.

Dmitry