hive-user mailing list archives

From "Moore, Douglas" <Douglas.Mo...@thinkbiganalytics.com>
Subject Re: Hive Generic UDF invoking Hbase
Date Wed, 30 Sep 2015 03:24:53 GMT
I'm guessing you might now be using tez now where you were using MR before.
You can tell hive to run in map reduce mode, by setting the hive execution mode, from within
the hive script.

See this page for details
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/Configuration+Properties

To answer your question though, you can look at the yarn job logs https://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r2.4.1/hadoop-yarn/hadoop-yarn-site/YarnCommands.html#logs
For jobs that have stopped running
or the scheduler page on the resource manager. The scheduler page will show running jobs and
how many containers they are using.

I'm not familiar with the MapR management UIs, they should have a UI to show running jobs
and you can drill down to see tasks/containers.

Hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 29, 2015, at 9:39 PM, Yogesh Keshetty <yogesh.keshetty@outlook.com<mailto:yogesh.keshetty@outlook.com>>