hive-user mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Accumulo Storage Manager
Date Tue, 08 Sep 2015 21:15:03 GMT
For the Array support: it might have just been a missed test case and is
just a bug. I don't recall how off the top of my head Arrays are
intended to be serialized (if it's some numeric counter in the Accumulo
CQ or just serializing all the elements in the array into the Accumulo
Value). If it isn't working for you, feel free to open up a JIRA issue
with the details and mention me so I notice it :). I can try to help
figure out what's busted, and, if necessary, a fix.

For the Map support, what are you trying to do differently? Going from
memory, I believe the support is for a fixed column family and an
optional column qualifier prefix. This limits the entries in a Map to
that column family, and allows you to place multiple maps into a given
family for locality purposes (identifying the maps by qualifier-prefix,
and getting Key uniqueness from the qualifier-suffix). There isn't much
flexibility in this regard for alternate serialization approaches -- the
considerations at the time were for a general-purpose schema that you
don't really have to think about (you just think SQL).

- Josh