hive-user mailing list archives

From Eugene Koifman <ekoif...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Error communicating with metastore
Date Tue, 04 Aug 2015 22:08:09 GMT
could you execute "set hive.txn.manager" and "set hive.metastore.uris" in Hive CLI to confirm
that your client is configured correctly?

From: Sarath Chandra <sarathchandra.josyam@algofusiontech.com<mailto:sarathchandra.josyam@algofusiontech.com>>
Date: Monday, August 3, 2015 at 8:02 PM
To: "user@hive.apache.org<mailto:user@hive.apache.org>" <user@hive.apache.org<mailto:user@hive.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: Error communicating with metastore

Thanks Alan.

Yes I've run metastore scripts for oracle instance. Infact I've removed my previous metastore
and created a fresh one by running the schema creation script for 1.2.1. I've looked into
the new schema and able to see the table TXNS. I've also removed the hdfs location "/user/hive/warehouse"
and created a fresh one.

But still I'm facing this issue.

On Mon, Aug 3, 2015 at 8:59 PM, Alan Gates <alanfgates@gmail.com<mailto:alanfgates@gmail.com>>