hive-user mailing list archives

From Nathan Bamford <nathan.bamf...@redpoint.net>
Subject Re: HiveMetaStoreClient
Date Wed, 26 Aug 2015 17:07:48 GMT
Hi Jerrick,

  I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that class
operates over the thrift api.

Nathan

________________________________
From: Jerrick Hoang <jerrickhoang@gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, August 26, 2015 9:44 AM
To: user@hive.apache.org
Subject: Re: HiveMetaStoreClient

Ok, I'm super confused now. The hive metastore is a RDBMS database. I totally agree that I
shouldn't access it directly via jdbc. So what about using this class http://hive.apache.org/javadocs/r0.13.1/api/metastore/org/apache/hadoop/hive/metastore/HiveMetaStoreClient.html
? Is it something that can only be used

If not I can definitely use the thrift api. Just wanted to ask this before going the thrift
route because this class seems like the perfect tool for me,

Thanks

On Wed, Aug 26, 2015 at 8:33 AM, Alan Gates <alanfgates@gmail.com<mailto:alanfgates@gmail.com>>