hive-user mailing list archives

From Dominik Choma <dominik.ch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is it possible to set the data schema on a per-partition basis?
Date Mon, 31 Aug 2015 21:57:40 GMT
thanks for reply
Im assuming I can't use avro without reprocess all my stored
data(delimited,lzo-compressed text), Am I right ?
So I'm wonder if I can use statement *ALTER TABLE xxx PARTITION (xxxx**)
CHANGE COLUMN (...)* to create diffrent HCatalog schema for parttions based
on datafiles with changed schema
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/LanguageManual+DDL#LanguageManualDDL-ChangeColumnName/Type/Position/Comment