hive-user mailing list archives

From John Omernik <j...@omernik.com>
Subject Parquet Files in Hive - Settings
Date Tue, 18 Aug 2015 19:05:54 GMT
Is there a good writeup on what the settings that can be tweaked in hive as
it pertains to writing parquet files are? For example, in some obscure
pages I've found settings like parquet.compression,
parquet.dictionary.page.size and parquet.enable.dictionary, but they were
in reference to stock mapr reduce jobs, not hive, and thus, I don't even
know what the defaults for these are when using hive.  I tried doing hive
-e "set"|grep "parquet\." but these settings aren't there.

Any documentation on what these are, what hive uses as defaults etc, and
how I can optimize my parquet writing with hive would be appreciated.