hive-user mailing list archives

From Sarath Chandra <sarathchandra.jos...@algofusiontech.com>
Subject Error communicating with metastore
Date Mon, 03 Aug 2015 13:29:38 GMT
Hi All,

Earlier I was using hive 0.13.0 and now trying to migrate to latest version
to utilize the transaction support introduced from hive 0.14.0.

I downloaded hive 1.2.1, created a metastore in oracle database and
provided all the required configuration parameters in conf/hive-site.xml to
enable transactions. For the parameter "hive.txn.manager" given the value
"org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.lockmgr.DbTxnManager".

>From the hive prompt when I fire the command "show tables;" I'm getting the
below exception -
*FAILED: Error in determining valid transactions: Error communicating with
the metastore*

But if disable the "hive.txn.manager" parameter in hive-site.xml then the
command works fine.

Is there anything else to be configured which I'm missing?

Thanks & Regards,
Sarath.