hive-user mailing list archives

From Roger Bjärevall <>
Subject jdbc.sql.ResultSetMetaData.getColumnName() - problem
Date Mon, 10 Aug 2015 20:36:40 GMT
The HIVE 1.2.1 driver returns a compound table_name.column_name when calling ResultSetMetaData.getColumnName().
As the method name implies it should return the column name only. There is a designated getTableName()
for the purpose of returning the table name. With these two properly implemented (getTableName()
doesn't work either as it currently returns null) the user have the option to create a compound
name if needed.

We're currently evaluating better support for HIVE in DbVisualizer. Without proper return
of the column name only we will need to split the returned string which is bad workaround.
One potential problem with parsing the current string is that a user may decide to put an
embedded dot in the column name (having delimited identifiers enabled).

If this has already been fixed, please let me know the version.

Best Regards

View raw message