hive-user mailing list archives

From Stephen Bly <>
Subject Persistent (and possibly asynchronous) Hive access from within Scala
Date Fri, 07 Aug 2015 03:22:24 GMT
What library should I use if I want to make persistent connections from within Scala/Java?
I’m working on a web service that sends Hive queries to our HiveServer (we are about to
upgrade to Hive 1.1 with Hive Server 2). Right now I’m using the Hive Driver for JDBC but
that does not have the capabilities we need. I found this document detailing creating a new
Hive Server 2 Thrift API (
but it is just a design document. Has this been implemented?
There’s also the org.apache.Hive.JDBC package, but it doesn’t seem to be well documented,
and I can’t tell if it’s the same thing but with a different name. Any help would be greatly
View raw message