hive-user mailing list archives

From murali parimi <muralikrishna.par...@icloud.com>
Subject ISO-8859 character support in HIve
Date Thu, 30 Jul 2015 19:24:28 GMT
Hello Team,

I am trying to load some data encoded in ISO-8859 into hive tables. Version: 0.13. The ascents
and special symbols allowed in this character set are coming as some junk when I query this
table. The SERDE is ORC.

Did you ever faced similar issue? Does hive has any support of specifying the Character set
at the table level? I tried to use encode and deconde functions. but it is of no use. Any
pointers here would be highly appreciated!

Thanks,
Murali