hive-user mailing list archives

From Ryan Harris <Ryan.Har...@zionsbancorp.com>
Subject RE: im having an issue extracting some data from json within hive in hdinsight
Date Fri, 24 Jul 2015 01:41:36 GMT
You probably want to be using the UDF get_json_object(), I added to this stackoverflow post
[http://stackoverflow.com/questions/24447428/parse-json-arrays-using-hive]
a few months ago....the problem was specific to top-level JSON arrays, and is related to JIRA
HIVE-1575 [https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-1575], however the example there should
get you on the right track...

From: TJay Belt [mailto:tjaybelt@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 23, 2015 4:04 PM
To: User
Subject: im having an issue extracting some data from json within hive in hdinsight

and i wonder if this audience could help me out in any way.

Here is a link to the request i put out on StackOverflow.

I need help retrieving sub arrays from JSON with a HIVE query<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/31593852/i-need-help-retrieving-sub-arrays-from-json-with-a-hive-query>

[image]<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/31593852/i-need-help-retrieving-sub-arrays-from-json-with-a-hive-query>

I need help retrieving sub arrays from JSON with a HIVE ...<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/31593852/i-need-help-retrieving-sub-arrays-from-json-with-a-hive-query>
I have the following JSON. { "_id": "00075602-f58d-49f5-8a82-9b5fb5582443", "ActivityCountedCollection":
[{ "Lesson": "98d66ab9-1ef4-4b61-a05d-857b3e07e0f8...

View on stackoverflow.com<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/31593852/i-need-help-retrieving-sub-arrays-from-json-with-a-hive-query>

Preview by Yahoo

Thanks

TJay

THIS ELECTRONIC MESSAGE, INCLUDING ANY ACCOMPANYING DOCUMENTS, IS CONFIDENTIAL and may contain
information that is privileged and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are
neither the intended recipient nor responsible for delivering the message to the intended
recipient, please note that any dissemination, distribution, copying or the taking of any
action in reliance upon the message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication
in error, please notify the sender immediately.  Thank you.