hive-user mailing list archives

From Garry Chen <g...@cornell.edu>
Subject Need help on hive.metastore.uris for hivserver2 configuration
Date Tue, 14 Jul 2015 16:48:13 GMT
Hi All,
                Try to configure hiveserver2  metastore by using oracle.  I can start the
metastore without problem but when try to start hiveserver2 I got "2015-07-14 12:20:05,671
ERROR [main]: hive.log (MetaStoreUtils.java:logAndThrowMetaException(1173)) - Got exception:
org.apache.thrift.transport.TTransportException null" in hive.log file.    I am wandering
what value should be put in here.  Should it be hostname:9083 or something else or what I
am doing wrong.  Please help thank you very much.

Garry