hive-user mailing list archives

From "Lonikar, Kiran" <kloni...@informatica.com>
Subject Add file/jar location for jdbc clients
Date Wed, 08 Jul 2015 15:30:46 GMT
Hi,

The add jar/file syntax stated on hive language manual is as below:

ADD { FILE[S] | JAR[S] | ARCHIVE[S] } <filepath1> [<filepath2>]*

I have an application which remotely connects to hiveserver2 over jdbc. It needs to add local
resources before execution of any hive queries. When it tries to execute the above add jar
or add file commands, with the filepath being from the jdbc client's local filesystem, it
gets an error. But when it gives path local to hiveserver2 filesystem, it works.

What are my options here? One obvious one is to do scp to hiveserver's filesystem to say /tmp
and then do add jar.

The hive 1.2.0 allows ivy urls. I dont think i can use that since my application generates
the files and i don't want to setup ivy repo where i will need to copy the files before running
add jar.

Isn't there any way to specify client's filesystem paths?

-Kiran