hive-user mailing list archives

From Raajay <raaja...@gmail.com>
Subject Hive debug in eclipse
Date Fri, 31 Jul 2015 03:10:12 GMT
Hi Everyone,

I am currently stepping through Hive test cases to understand the code
flow. For debugging, I launch the UTs through “mvnDebug” and use the remote
debugging feature in eclipse to introduce break points and do line-by-line
execution. Such a strategy seems to have a pitfall; whenever I make changes
to the code I have to do an entire cycle of “mvn install” before the
changes are reflected. This takes time; “mvn compile” does not seem enough.

So I have two questions:

1. Can I do  just a “mvn install” single module ? I am concerned because
the tests are integration tests (involving end to end processing of
queries) rather than unit tests for a single module/class.

2. Are there other alternatives for speeding up the editing-testing cycle ?

Thanks
Raajay