hive-user mailing list archives

From Loïc Chanel <loic.cha...@telecomnancy.net>
Subject Computation timeout
Date Wed, 29 Jul 2015 12:52:24 GMT
Hi all,

As I'm trying to build a secured and multi-tenant Hadoop cluster with Hive,
I am desperately trying to set a timeout to Hive requests.
My idea is that some users can make mistakes such as a join with wrong
keys, and therefore start an infinite loop believing that they are just
launching a very heavy job. Therefore, I'd like to set a limit to the time
a request should take, in order to kill the job automatically if it exceeds
it.

As such a notion cannot be set directly in YARN, I saw that MapReduce2
provides with its own native timeout property, and I would like to know if
Hive provides with the same property someway.

Did anyone heard about such a thing ?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Loïc

Loïc CHANEL