hive-user mailing list archives

From Jack Yang <j...@uow.edu.au>
Subject RE: multiple users for hive access
Date Wed, 08 Jul 2015 03:50:57 GMT
Thanks, mate. I have mysql run as my metadata store.

What is the next step?  when I start hive (0.13 version), I just type in hive in my command
line.

Now, that is say I have two users: A and B. I would like A and B access hive tables using
hive-cli.

How can I do that?

From: Jeff Zhang [mailto:zjffdu@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, 7 July 2015 4:22 PM
To: user@hive.apache.org
Subject: Re: multiple users for hive access

Hive support multiple user scenario as long as the metadata store support multiple user access.
By default hive use derby embedded mode which don't support multiple user access. You can
configure it to server mode or use other metadata store like mysql etc.  Here's the tutorial
for how to configure derby server mode

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/HiveDerbyServerMode

On Tue, Jul 7, 2015 at 1:50 PM, Jack Yang <jiey@uow.edu.au<mailto:jiey@uow.edu.au>>