hive-user mailing list archives

From Gufran Mohammed Pathan <Gufran.Path...@mu-sigma.com>
Subject Empty Table in MR with "union all" (created in Tez)
Date Wed, 10 Jun 2015 17:18:53 GMT
Hi,

I'm unable to retrieve rows from a table created in Tez when using MR as execution engine.
This happens only when the create table statement has "union all".

Here's a way to reproduce the issue:

set hive.execution.engine=tez;

create table test_table as
select "1" from table1
union all
select "1" from table2 ;

select * from test_table;  --gives correct roles

set hive.execution.engine=mr;

select * from test_table;  --gives empty table

Any ideas on why this must be happening? This issue does not occur when I don't use a "union
all" query.

I'm using HDP 2.2 with Hive 0.14 and Tez 0.4.0.2.

Thanks,
Gufran Pathan| +91 7760913355| www.mu-sigma.com<http://www.mu-sigma.com/> |

Correlation does not imply causation, but it does waggle its eyebrows suggestively and gesture
furtively while mouthing "look over there." -Randall Munroe

Disclaimer: http://www.mu-sigma.com/disclaimer.html