hive-user mailing list archives

From Rajat Jain <rajat...@gmail.com>
Subject Running Hive Unit Tests from IntelliJ and Datanucleus
Date Wed, 17 Jun 2015 19:32:28 GMT
Hi,

I want to run Hive unit tests from IntelliJ but am unable to do so due to
datanucleus issues. I tried a lot of options but always seem to be getting
the same error.

1. Datanucleus plugin:

I installed Datanucleus plugin on IntelliJ, enabled the enhancer but got
error of the type:

Caused by: org.datanucleus.exceptions.ClassNotPersistableException: The
class "org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.model.MVersionTable" is not
persistable. This means that it either hasnt been enhanced, or that the
enhanced version of the file is not in the CLASSPATH (or is hidden by an
unenhanced version), or the Meta-Data/annotations for the class are not
found.
at
org.datanucleus.ExecutionContextImpl.assertClassPersistable(ExecutionContextImpl.java:5698)
at
org.datanucleus.ExecutionContextImpl.persistObjectInternal(ExecutionContextImpl.java:2123)
at
org.datanucleus.ExecutionContextImpl.persistObjectWork(ExecutionContextImpl.java:2065)
at
org.datanucleus.ExecutionContextImpl.persistObject(ExecutionContextImpl.java:1913)
at
org.datanucleus.ExecutionContextThreadedImpl.persistObject(ExecutionContextThreadedImpl.java:217)
at
org.datanucleus.api.jdo.JDOPersistenceManager.jdoMakePersistent(JDOPersistenceManager.java:727)
... 66 more

When I checked the Datanucleus settings, I noticed that only MDatabase
class was registered there and no other classes (like MVersionTable) were
registered. Is that the issue? If not, then any way this can be resolved?

2. I tried pushing up the hive-metastore dependency over Module Source as
suggested here
<http://qnalist.com/questions/5105293/running-tests-in-intellij>. Didn't
work either. I tried this option while both enabling and disabling
datanucleus plugin.

Let me know if someone has any ideas. I have attached sample screenshots
for reference.

Thanks,
Rajat