hive-user mailing list archives

From Yunqi Zhang <>
Subject Hive on Tez
Date Wed, 10 Jun 2015 00:07:54 GMT
Hi guys,

I’m playing with the code that integrates Hive on Tez, and have couple
questions regarding to the resource allocation.

To my understanding (correct me if I am wrong), Hive creates a DAG composed
of MapVertex and ReduceVertex, where each Vertex will later be translated
to task running on potentially multiple containers by Tez. I was wondering
how the resource requirement is determined (how many containers are needed
for each Vertex, and what are the requirements for CPU and memory, etc.) in
the current implementation, and where I can find the code corresponding to

Thank you!

View raw message